Tips for River Rafting/ White Water Rafting
It is expected that many of you are on your first rafting trip. The
adventure of river rafting can be fun and game if you follow a few
safety rules and keep some important tips in mind. A few hours of
professional training can also make you a good rafter. While you are at
Rishikesh enjoying your river rafting or white water rafting trip, try
to remember and follow the following tips. These tips, if adhered to
properly, can make your adventure trip of rafting even more exciting and
- Rafting is a sport that you enjoy while sitting down. So, you
don't necessarily need to be in a tiptop shape. What actually counts
is the adequate strength in you upper arm and the shoulder.
- During summertime (which is the main season for river rafting in
Rishikesh), the suitable rafting gear includes wetsuit, life jacket,
nylon shorts, tennis shoes/ sandals and a hat. In case, you are
rafting during autumn or springtime, you'll need some additional
- Remember to carry dry bags to safely store some personal items
that you might bring during the trip. However, it is advised that
you avoid carrying things like wallet, car keys and mobile phones on
a rafting expedition.
- Also carry with you other essentials including sunscreen,
sunglasses and a camera. You causally get yourself disposable
water-resistant cameras for the purpose. For the rest like pump,
cargo nets and patch kit, you need not worry, as the travel
assistant will get it done all for you.
- Your are advised also to dress in layers, so that you don't face
any difficulties adding or removing articles. Remember to dress up
in synthetic materials including wool and polyester. This will keep
your body warm during the river rafting trip.
- While you are setting off on your rafting adventure, don't forget
to take along necessary medications, if any. These medications may
include inhalers, bee sting kits, insulin etc.
- To acquire more rafting skills, you are suggested to sign up for
a multi-day trip. This way you can learn the technical skills of the
adventure sport and can also enjoy a high grade rafting trip during
- Travelers and adventure lovers can also get themselves enrolled
for short-duration rafting courses. Spending a few hours for a
couple of days under professional guidance can turn you into a much